Southern California Trauma Care
Riverside Community Hospital (RCH), part of the HCA Healthcare Far West Division, became the first and only hospital in Riverside County to receive Level 1 designation by Riverside County Emergency Services Agency (REMSA) and is one of only 10 Level I trauma centers in Southern California.
As a Level I trauma center, RCH is a regional resource for trauma patients, capable of providing comprehensive care from prevention to rehabilitation.
Level I Trauma Centers Include:
- 24-hour in-house trauma surgeons, and prompt availability of advanced specialty care such as orthopedic surgery, neurosurgery, interventional radiology, and critical care
- Regional leadership in prevention and public education
- Graduate Medical Education (GME) programs in multiple surgical and medical residencies
- A research program to help direct new innovations
- The requirement to meet minimum annual volume of severely injured patients
A multidisciplinary Team of Emergency & Trauma Specialists
Patients are seen by a multidisciplinary team of highly-trained, experienced specialists, including:
- Trauma surgeons
- Trauma nurses
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Plastic surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Rehabilitation physician
- Respiratory therapists
- Physical/Occupational/Speech therapists
- Social workers/Case Managers
- Chaplain services
Our Trauma Center
More than 3,000 patients a year will receive care for their injuries at RCH’s Trauma Center. RCH has been serving the community as a designated Trauma Center for over 20 years. Through a partnerships with paramedics and air ambulance services, the system supports trauma patients from Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
The trauma center at Riverside Community includes dedicated trauma resuscitation rooms in the 64-bed emergency department, an immediately available operating room and a 69-bed intensive care unit. Other critical trauma resources that are available 24/7 include interventional radiology capabilities, cardiopulmonary bypass availability, a robust blood bank, and full range of diagnostics including ultrasound, CT and MRI.