Riverside Community Hospital’s Patient and Community Advisory Council (PCAC) is comprised of past patients, families, healthcare providers and community members who are interested in discussing how to make RCH the best place for patients to receive the highest level quality of care. The PCAC focuses on improving the patient and family experience by developing solutions to challenges patients and visitors face. The council meets once a month to provide input and exchange ideas on how RCH can be the premier healthcare destination for all we serve.
The mission of the Patient Advisory Council is to provide feedback and ideas on how our health care providers can:
- Improve patient experience and patient care
- Foster meaningful partnerships with patients and their families
- Offer a positive experience for patients
- Provide emotional support to patients and families
- Advocate for the well-being of patients in the community
- Better channel information and concerns from patient families to hospital leadership and offer effective solutions
- Develop a culture of quality and trust
- Empower and educate patients and the community
- Effectively communicate new innovations and services to our community
The Patient & Community Advisory Council meets the last Thursday of every month.
For more information, please contact Cherie Crutcher at (951) 788-3547 or via email.