Personalizing your care
The Comprehensive Transplant Center at Riverside Community Hospital is led by a multidisciplinary team of renowned, and highly skilled physicians, surgeons and specialist with years of experience in kidney and pancreas transplants.
At Riverside Community Hospital, our team of experts work with a focus around patient care and positive outcomes, offering a compassionate environment with hope towards a long and healthier life.
Our Transplant team is here to guide our patients through the journey of managing kidney and pancreas failure toward obtaining their life-saving organ transplant. The team of transplant specialists at our hospital are the leading experts in the nation, committed to the complete care of the patient as they move through the intricate process of medical evaluations, being placed on the organ waitlist, care while waiting, post-transplant recovery, finances, emotional health, prescriptions, insurance, nutrition and anything to help make going through the process easier.
Our transplant milestones include:
- World’s largest living donor kidney transplant chain. Read the article that made the front of the New York Times.
- Riverside Community Hospital was among a select group of hospitals nationwide and the first in Riverside County recognized by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for reaching gold, silver, and bronze levels of outreach for organ donation and registration.
About our nationally recognized surgeons
The Transplant Team has a combined 40 years of highly specialized medical, surgical, and research expertise in kidney, kidney-pancreas, and liver transplants. Many of their accolades, awards and achievements include the following:
- Over 500 peer reviewed journals
- Over 50 clinical trials
- NIH awards for research
- Genomic and Proteomic Studies
- Over 100 guest lectures nationally and internationally
- President of Surgical Societies
- Board member of transplant foundations
- Multiple leadership awards in transplant
- Member of national and international panel discussions