Labor and delivery hospital in Riverside, California
The Family Birthplace at Riverside Community Hospital provides comprehensive care for women and children throughout pregnancy, labor, delivery and the postpartum period. Our hospital is a go-to location for women in Riverside County when choosing where to have a baby, and we deliver more than 3,500 babies every year. We are here to help you navigate through pregnancy and your childbirth experience with individualized care in a family-centered environment.
If you are interested in learning more about the birth experience at our hospital, call us at (951) 788-3463.
A personalized, safe birthing experience
We know that choosing the right hospital to welcome your baby into the world is a big decision. At The Family Birthplace, our patients benefit from:
- Breastfeeding support from certified lactation consultants
- Couplet care, meaning we care for mom and baby in the same space—also known as rooming-in
- Dedicated OB/GYN nursing staff and specialists
- Glider rockers in our postpartum and antepartum rooms
- High-risk pregnancy care, which includes:
- Perinatologist (high risk OB) consult 24/7
- Management of early labor
- Perinatal nurse navigator
- Treatment for pregnancy-related conditions, including diabetes and high blood pressure
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Overnight accommodations for one support person
- Obstetrics (OB) hospitalists and anesthesiologists on-site 24/7
- Prenatal education classes
- Private birthing suites and wireless labor monitoring
- Private postpartum/recovery suites designed to meet your privacy needs and keep you and your baby comfortable
- Skin-to-skin bonding during the golden hour (first hour following birth)
- The Family Birthplace is a secure unit and uses an infant security system to keep your baby safe
- Two full-service operating rooms within our maternity unit for planned and unplanned cesarean sections, including a dedicated post-anesthesia care space for mothers after delivery
- Virtual maternity tours
- Wireless internet access throughout the hospital stay
Labor and Delivery
The Family Birthplace at Riverside Community Hospital is a Baby-Friendly designated hospital. This recognizes our excellence in caring for mom and baby after birth and facilitating the mother's chosen feeding method.
Detailed tour of The Family Birthplace
Whether you are welcoming your first child or adding another to the family, we want all of our patients to feel comfortable and confident when arriving at our hospital for labor and delivery. In the videos below, we have outlined exactly what you can expect during your experience from arrival to postpartum care.
Perinatal nurse navigation for high-risk pregnancies
We are proud to provide support and education to mothers experiencing a high-risk pregnancy. A pregnancy may be considered high risk for a number of reasons, such as age or a pregnancy-related medical diagnosis. Our perinatal nurse navigator offers support throughout pregnancy and continues to check-in during delivery and an anticipated NICU stay.
Our goal is to alleviate some of the concerns expectant mothers may have during a high-risk pregnancy. We help by:
- Acting as a consistent point of contact for families and physicians
- Building a caring and supportive relationship with mothers who are considered high-risk or need extra support during pregnancy
- Coordinating care across our teams of specialists involved in high-risk pregnancy and neonatal intensive care
- Helping expectant mothers understand their physician-directed care plan when questions arise
Caring for you and your baby
The nursing staff in our maternal-child wing understands how special your first few days with your new baby can be. We are here to help you celebrate the new addition to your family while keeping you both safe and comfortable during the hospital stay. Our postpartum services include:
- Adjustable bassinets that swivel 360 degrees, helping you remain comfortable and keeping your baby safe
- All of our OB nurses are trained in lactation services, so we can provide breastfeeding assistance 24/7
- Gourmet celebratory breakfast to mark your child's entrance into the world
- In-room Mom365 baby portrait session with a free photo for every baby born at our hospital
- Private consultations with our certified lactation consultants who are on-site seven days a week
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
If your child is born early or requires additional medical attention following their birth, we have board-certified neonatologists on-site in our Level III NICU. Our neonatal specialists care for preemies born as early as 23 weeks, referred to as micropreemies.
If your child is born at a different hospital but requires a higher level of care, our neonatal transport team is available 24/7 to facilitate a transfer and make sure they receive the care they need at our facility.