Resources for Trauma Patients
RCH is a member of the American Trauma Society. “Excellent trauma care relies on an optimally functioning trauma system. It requires a coordinated, multidisciplinary approach to the care of the victim. The ATS provides critical information on trauma to its members, to policy makers, and to the public, all while supporting the needs of families. It is a strong supporter of injury prevention, creating and producing programs in an effort to reduce the impact of morbidity and mortality on our nation”. ATS works with its members to insure that they are the best informed and the best prepared to provide unsurpassed medical best care in their communities.
In 2008, the Trauma Survivors Network (TSN) was developed by the American Trauma Society (ATS) to help trauma centers provide the support and services patients and their families need during their recovery from serious injury. The program works to:
- Bring together trauma survivors and families to connect with one another and share support and information about the recovery process
- Enhance survivor skills and self-efficacy to manage day-to-day challenges
- Establish a network of state-of-the-art, hospital-based peer support programs and other resources for trauma survivors and their families
- Train health care providers to deliver the best care and support to patients and their families and friends
- Build a community of advocates dedicated to improving prevention efforts, trauma outcomes and trauma systems
We invite you to visit the link below to learn about how the TSN is connecting thousands of patients across the county and providing the tools and resources needed to advance recovery.
Injury Prevention Programs