The Heart Care Institute at Riverside Community Hospital is a leader in the Inland Empire Region. When it comes to excellence and innovation for valvular and cardiovascular treatment, our team of cardiologists and surgeons bring together the most comprehensive heart care services. Together, we treat some of the most complex heart cases in the area. One of these complex heart conditions is severe aortic stenosis where the aortic heart valve does not function normally and can cause symptoms such as shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, and others.
The Heart Care Institute at Riverside Community Hospital is proud to now offer an effective non-surgical procedure for qualifying patients suffering from severe aortic stenosis: Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).
What is TAVR?
TAVR is a state-of-the-art treatment for aortic valve stenosis and allows patients to undergo Aortic Valve Replacement through a small incision in the skin. For the appropriate patient it offers a minimally invasive treatment that results in optimal health outcomes and less intensive patient recovery when compared to surgical intervention. Riverside Community Hospital is leading with innovation as we offer the TAVR procedure to patients in need.
Patients may live with aortic stenosis for many years during a latent asymptomatic period- even before symptoms of the disease develop and present. However, after patients begin experiencing symptoms, it is urgent they receive diagnosis and treatment. When you are in need of immediate care, the Heart Care Institute at Riverside Community Hospital is there to make sure you receive the absolute best care for your heart.
Patient Benefits of TAVR
- Performed without stopping the heart
- Cardiopulmonary bypass typically not needed
- Minimally invasive procedure that may result in a shorter hospital stay and faster recovery time
- Possible better outcomes for the patient
Why Choose the Heart Care Institute?
- First hospital in California accredited by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, Level II
- Echo-Cardiography, Vascular & ECG Services, and Non-invasive Stress Testing
- Invasive cardiac procedures includes:
- Coronary angiography and stenting,
- Peripheral angiography and stenting
- Cardiac rhythm management device implants (pacemakers and ICD)
If you would like to speak to a cardiologist at Riverside Community Hospital to see if TAVR is the right choice for you, please call our Physician Referral Hotline at (951) 788-3463.