Prep time: about 10 minutes
What you need:
- 1-1/2 c. unsalted roasted peanuts
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
What to do:
For smooth peanut butter:
- Mix the peanuts with the peanut oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it's very smooth.
- Store your smooth peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
For chunky peanut butter:
- Take about 1/4 cup out of your 1-1/2 cups of peanuts and set them aside.
- Mix the rest of the peanuts with the oil, and pour the mixture into the food processor.
- Process the mixture until it's very smooth, then stir in the peanuts that you had set aside.
- Process a few seconds more to create the chunks in your chunky peanut butter.
- Store your chunky peanut butter in a sealed container in the fridge. It will be good for 2 weeks.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 116 calories
- 10.25g fat
- 4.3g protein
- 4g carbohydrate
- 1.5g fiber
- 0mg cholesterol
- 1mg sodium
- 10mg calcium
- 0.4mg iron
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
TV's Food Network goes online with searchable menus and recipes, an encyclopedia of cooking terms, and ideas from celebrity chefs.
Cooking Light magazine goes online with recipes for healthy living, plus grocery coupons and tips for feeding your family.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.