Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
What you need:
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup pimento-stuffed Spanish olives
- 1 piece of whole-wheat bread
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 (4 oz. each) salmon fillets
What to do:
- Put oven on broiler setting. Place oven rack 6 inches from broiler flame.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet or roasting pan with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place olives, bread, and lemon zest into a food processor and process until it reaches a paste texture.
- Pat salmon dry and spread a heaping tablespoon of olive mixture over each piece.
- Broil fish about 15 minutes, checking halfway through to make sure it doesn't burn.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 180 calories
- 23g protein
- 8g fat
- 1g sat. fat
- 3g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 60mg cholesterol
- 190mg sodium
- 0g sugars
Serving size: 1 filet
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
American Diabetes Association (ADA)
The ADA website includes news, information, tips, and recipes for people with diabetes.
American Heart Association
This group is dedicated to providing education and information on fighting heart disease and stroke.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.
ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information on how to follow the U.S. government's Dietary Guidelines for Americans. It includes resources and tools to help families lead healthier lives.