Prep time: about 30 minutes
What you need:
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oatmeal
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. blueberries, washed
- 1 egg
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- nonstick spray
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, oatmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Mix in blueberries.
- In another bowl, break the egg and use a fork to beat it just a little bit. Then add the milk and vegetable oil, and mix.
- Add this mixture to the first mixture in the large bowl.
- Using a mixing spoon, mix about 25 or 30 times. Don't mix too much! Your muffin mixture should be lumpy, not smooth.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about two thirds of the way up.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- When muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack.
- Enjoy your tasty muffins!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 162 calories
- 3g protein
- 6g fat
- 19g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 18mg cholesterol
- 371mg sodium
- 121mg calcium
- 1.4mg iron
Serving size: 1 muffin
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
TV's Food Network goes online with searchable menus and recipes, an encyclopedia of cooking terms, and ideas from celebrity chefs.
Cooking Light magazine goes online with recipes for healthy living, plus grocery coupons and tips for feeding your family.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.