Peanut Butter Muffins
Prep time: 35 minutes
What you need:
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. milk
- 1/4 c. banana (about 1 banana), mashed with a fork
- 1/4 c. peanut butter
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 1/4 c. frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (left out of the freezer until it's soft)
- 1/4 c. nonfat dry milk
- 2-1/4 c. flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- nonstick spray
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and use a fork to beat them a little bit.
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, mashed banana, peanut butter, vegetable oil, apple juice, dry milk, and the eggs from the small bowl. Mix with a mixing spoon until the mixture is creamy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the large bowl. Mix again.
- Line a muffin tine with paper liners or lightly spray with nonstick spray. Spoon in the muffin mix. Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 of the way up.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- When your muffins are finished baking, remove from muffin tin and cool them on a wire rack. Then it's time to taste and share!
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 214 calories
- 6g protein
- 10g fat
- 25g carbohydrate
- 1g fiber
- 36mg cholesterol
- 223mg sodium
- 81mg calcium
- 1.3mg iron
Serving size: 1 muffin
Note: Nutritional analysis may vary depending on ingredient brands used.
TV's Food Network goes online with searchable menus and recipes, an encyclopedia of cooking terms, and ideas from celebrity chefs.
Cooking Light magazine goes online with recipes for healthy living, plus grocery coupons and tips for feeding your family.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.