Veggie Tortilla Lasagna
Prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 3/4 c. frozen corn, thawed
- 7-oz. jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1/3 c. ricotta cheese
- 1-1/4 c. grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 c. salsa, drained of juice in a colander
- 6 6-in. corn tortillas
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Add vegetable oil to large pan and heat, adding zucchini, corn, and peppers.
- In bowl, mix cheeses.
- Trim sides of tortillas to fit a loaf pan. Layer tortillas, veggies, cheeses, and salsa.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
Nutritional analysis (per serving):
- 293 calories
- 14g protein
- 13g fat
- 32g carbohydrate
- 5g fiber
- 32mg cholesterol
- 570mg sodium
- 335mg calcium
- 3mg iron
Serving size: 1 slice
TV's Food Network goes online with searchable menus and recipes, an encyclopedia of cooking terms, and ideas from celebrity chefs.
Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Offering nutrition information, resources, and access to registered dietitians.
Vegetarian Resource Group
This site offers recipes, nutrition information, and lots more for vegetarians and anyone looking to eat less meat.
Cooking Light magazine goes online with recipes for healthy living, plus grocery coupons and tips for feeding your family.