After a heart attack or heart surgery, your doctor will likely recommend cardiac rehabilitation to help you recover and return to your daily life. Our cardiac rehabilitation program and dedicated staff will support you and your family every step of the way as you adjust to life after a cardiac event.
Your First Choice for Cardiac Rehabilitation
The HeartCare Institute at Riverside Community Hospital offers inpatient, outpatient and maintenance programs in cardiac rehab, tailored for your specific needs in consultation with your physician.
Our programs offered include:
- Individualized exercise plans
- Educational programs to help you understand your condition and how to avoid future heart problems
- Individual and group counseling to help you tackle tough problems such as stress, obesity, smoking, hypertension and diabetes
How You Benefit from Cardiac Rehab
When you participate in our cardiac rehabilitation program, you'll learn to:
- Recognize the symptoms of heart disease and when to seek medical attention.
- Begin a personalized exercise program designed to fit your needs.
- Work toward your ideal body weight and cholesterol level through physical activity and good nutrition.
- Reduce your risk factors and chances of a future heart attack.
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle with the help of your cardiac rehabilitation team.
A doctor's referral is required for rehab services. Ask your doctor when you can begin. You may be required to take an exercise stress test as a baseline for your exercise program.
Most insurance carriers cover the costs of our cardiac rehab services. Your carrier will be contacted to verify your benefits. You may be responsible for a co-payment.
For more information, call the HeartCare Rehabilitation Center at (951) 788-3460.